A survey conducted by Hart Research Associates, from June 24 to July 26, 2015, among 1,029 USA participants ages 18-69, for Travelers tallied 2015’s Consumer Risk Index. This annual survey, third year ongoing, includes findings of consumer’s awareness on finances, privacy, cyber threat, and physical risks.
The top three consumer risks in 2015 were:
- Financial Concerns & Risks– 66% of contributors showed a priority in this area.
- Personal Privacy or Identity Theft– 60%, or six out of ten people, worry about having their identity stolen or usurped, along with their privacy being exploited.
- Cyber Risk– 57%, an increase of 21% from the previous year, of participants were concerned with cyber threats, predominantly on bank account and/or financial asset hacking (62%).
Surveyors also showed major concern over:
- Computer and mobile virus- 60%
- Identity theft, both off and online- 59%
- Loss of personal information from a retailer hack- 58%
- Medical records data breach- 43%