Choosing whether or not to archive is a no-brainer—archiving is a must for most organizations. Determining whether or not to implement an in-house archiving system or outsource the task to a SaaS provider is a bit more complicated. There are a variety of factors to consider before making a choice, as every organization has different goals to meet and resources available to them.
Before you make a decision about whether to implement an in-house email archive system or go with a managed service, you should evaluate your company’s needs to determine:
- Your goals
- Your budget
- What regulations and other compliance requirements you must meet
- Whether or not you have internal IT expertise readily available to implement and manage an in-house system (including regular upgrades and troubleshooting)
- storage requirements
- The need for a disaster recovery solution
- The need for a business continuity solution
- Time constraints on implementing a solution and how quickly you need it in place
- Whether your budget will support regular upgrades, maintenance, extra storage, etc.
- Your total cost of ownership for an in-house email archive solution
Got an opinion? Please help continue our conversations by commenting on this post.