Essentially, virtualization allows you to leverage your hardware by allowing multiple operating system instances to run on a pool of computing resources. In other words, Virtualization allows you to run multiple operating systems simultaneously on a single machine. Virtualization continues to demonstrate tangible benefits the more it's used, broadening its value to the enterprise at each step.
There are three basic categories of virtualization: Server, Storage, and Network virtualization.
- Server virtualization masks the physical nature of server resources from server users, including the number and identity of individual servers, processors and operating systems, from the software running on them.
- Storage virtualization is the pooling of physical storage from multiple network storage devices into what appears to be a single storage device that is managed from a central console.
- Network virtualization combines the available computing resources in a network by splitting the available bandwidth into independent channels, each of which is independent from the others, and each of which can be assigned to a particular server or device in real-time.
Virtualization benefits include:
- Server consolidation, Centralization of administrative tasks, Decreased power consumption, High availability, disaster recovery, and Workload balancing
- Cut operating costs by up to half: Greatly reduced PC hardware, support, and electricity costs.
- Control over desktops and applications.
- Improved worker productivity: staff has instant access to their desktops, anywhere, from any device.
- Improved data and endpoint security.
- Enhanced business continuity and disaster recovery capabilities.
- Ensure compliance.
- Consolidate and virtualize network connections
- Manage your physical and virtual environments with the advanced infrastructure management capabilities
- Build a next-generation data center that integrates computer, network, storage, and management resources into a single platform that is designed for virtualization
- Consolidate and manage your storage
- Reduce power usage and costs
With InfoSight, you gain an end-to-end, tightly-integrated virtualization solution that incorporates everything you need—servers, storage, management software, VMware, Citrix or Microsoft Hyper-V software, and services—including planning, deployment and management. Additionally, InfoSight brings business level management capabilities such as application functionality and performance testing, operations support, asset tracking and change and configuration management to virtualized environments. We offer an integrated solution—no integration worries and no need to manage multiple vendors.
Contact us for more information.